Wednesday, January 23, 2013

12 Days of Christmas… so touched!

I know it’s way past Christmas, and I wasn’t going to post this, but just typing it makes me feel good, an act of kindness I’ll never forget… and it’s a great reference for the future (I’ve done similar things but not to this extent, planning on it next year)
I have to say, I have the best neighbors ever!
This cute basket showed up on my doorstep 12 days before Christmas.  It was a night I needed a little pick me up… we had just returned from wrapping gifts for a sub for Santa, Paul was working, still had homework to finish, it was late and I was spent, much more tired then my girls who were on their second wind.  It totally made my night and many others to come!

DSC04423
“On the first day of Christmas, your secret friend gives you, some pears of the tree from which the partridge flew.”  For the next twelve nights place this basket by your door, don’t peek to find us out because we’d like to give you more!
 DSC04468
“On the second day of Christmas your secret friend gives you
turtles… and doves
these ones are easier to chew”

DSC04553
“On the third day of Christmas your secret friends give you
3 French Breads
and a spread for them, too.”

DSC04591
“On the forth day of Christmas your secret friends give you
four calling birds
and you can eat their food.”

(I missed the picture this night, but there were golden chocolate coins and candy rings)
“On the fifth day of Christmas your secret friends give to you
lots of golden things and 5 rings… (plus 2)”

DSC04663
“On the sixth day of Christmas your secret friends who hide
give you six eggs…  they hold something inside”

DSC04755
“On the 7th day of Christmas your secret friends would give
Seven swans a swimming, but this isn’t where they live!
Instead of swans we thought…  let’s give penguins and sauce!”

DSC04769
“On the eighth day of Christmas your secret friends give you
treats from the milking maids and their cows that all say moo!”

DSC04811
“On the ninth day of Christmas your secret friends give you
the pirouette of ladies who dance in their tutu’s”

(Their were yummy chocolate frogs, wish I knew where they got all this neat stuff)
“On the 10th day of Christmas, your secret friends stopped by
to give you lords-a-leaping… we think they’ll taste divine”

DSC04915
“On the eleventh day of Christmas your secret friends give you
candy canes with stripes (cause they taste better than pipes)”

DSC04934
“On the twelfth day of Christmas your secret friends give you,
One drum of cookies, twelve fun drinks, and a very Merry Christmas too!
We love you!”

Wow, so thoughtful!  I heard this question in church and thought of my generous, secret friend…
“Are we doing good things to be seen of others, or the act of pure love of Christ and service of our fellow beings?”
I was so touched at this anonymous act of true Christlike kindness and friendship.  I’m sure from a busy mom like many of us, and at such a busy time of year.  My new neighbors don’t know about my blog, but thanks secret friends for making our Christmas that much more special!!  The kids lit up each evening when they found the basket at the door.