Sunday, August 06, 2006

Day 3-Tianamen Square & Forbidden City

Tianamen Square, heading toward the Forbidden City

Cute girls posing with our boys- yes, this flattered my boys :)

Paul snuck this hip shop of the military presence we often saw


Emperor's Palace


Concubine's Palace


The beautiful Imperial Garden


Imperial Garden


Mote around Forbidden City


This street vendor cracked me up. After seeing Trevor's eyes light up from the dragon she was selling, she followed me all the way to our bus offering a lower price and throwing in more stuff to get me to buy it. She practically got on the bus with me- our driver had to close the door, but this still didn't stop her as she kept trying until we pulled away. I was floored by her perserverance- the deal was so great in the end, I would of bought it if I had $$ on me.

We had a 2 hour layover in Beijing as we were heading to Gaungzhou the night before getting our girls. Mary left us in the hands of these men we didn't know, who didn't speak English. Although we were unsure at first, as she gave him our passports and airline tickets, and had to leave, we were so touched as they watched out for us and kept us comfortable. They brought our luggage to my parents to use as backrests and kept our luggage safe while we waited in a small group on the floor. The boys watched a movie and put on the Chinese subtitles so they can watch along. It's great how you can communicate with others even when speaking different languages. We have sure enjoyed the people in China!!

No comments: