Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Fun with mom...


We celebrated Thanksgiving dinner this year with Paul's family, at our house.

Everyone helped...


Especially Sophie, testing the Jello salad for us...


Busted!


Grandma with her yummy homemade apple pie


Chrystal & Devin, a cozy table for four


Nick and Josh digging in


Sophie and Sage loved the feast!

Ready for pie?



It was a very nice Thanksgiving. The men and boys went shooting early, while Sophie, Sage, and I pampered ourselves this morning. I love my mornings with them. Then we made our favorite chocolate layered pie and rolls, while Paul rotisseried the turkey on the grill. Cut Paul's hair while the boys played catch, and the girls joined right in. They love playing with their brothers! As confident and sure as these girls are, they are still unsure with other people if they get too close or try to pick them up, even with extended family. We fully expected this. They clung close to Paul and I when everyone came. It wasn't until after dinner that they were at ease and loved playing, especially with their uncle Tom.

I have so much to be thankful for this year. I am especially thankful for my family. When we were at the SS office to get our girls Social Security cards, the friendly young man who helped us smiled when he saw our family and said "big families are healthy". That is so true. Yes, life can be busy raising children, but they bring us so much joy and are so worth the sacrifice. My older boys are such a big help and just adore their sisters. The girls have brought out a sweetness in our boys that only a little sister can. And Trevor has grown up so much, now that he is a "BIG" brother. I am so thrilled that our girls are here to enjoy the holidays with us. I love my family dearly, and I'm so thankful for a loving husband!
I am also thankful for my freedom and this wonderful country we live in. For the community I live in, our wonderful neighbors and friends. In spite of all the wild things we see everyday and hear about in the news, there are many wonderful people that truly care and try to improve this world. Every day I am thankful for my faith, and for a loving God that has blessed my life.

No comments: