Wednesday, March 04, 2009

First Kiss...


Never thought I would be typing this already. Sophie proudly claims she doesn't like kisses, only from mom & dad before going to bed, and only if there has been no signs of sickness throughout the last week, or any signs of germs whatsoever. She also cancels all goodnight kisses if she has been sick or has chapped lips, scratch on her face, dry skin, you name it, for our own safety of course, and makes up for it with an extra big hug, so sweet. But Sage...

The other night I was reading with my kids a short Chicken Soup story. Afterwards, we were chatting about the story and the topic, dating/playing the field and kissing. Then, giggly Sage said that she had been kissed. "Gman" kissed her the other day at recess, on the lips! Woa, Kindergarten kissing. Trevor's first and only kiss wasn't until 2nd grade (she [his classmate] kissed him). Now they're in 4th grade and it's totally taboo. And I remember playing "kissing tag" in our neighborhood when I was little, good thing I was a fast runner but some of the boys were faster, and I was older then 5.

But Sage... already kissed... We had a short chat on how kisses are special and probably should be saved for when you're older, her biggest question was "why?", although she agreed to tell Gman the news about kisses. I'll be sure to pop in on a few recesses. Who knew I'd be posting her first kiss so soon. Any other kindergarten kissers out there? You'll find cute "Gman" in the slide show below, they're great friends.




Happy Birthday A, it was so fun celebrating with you!