Thursday, September 17, 2009

♥ Lucky in Love ♥

DSC_8638

I have to share what my sweety surprised me with, brought tears to my mom's eyes when I told her.

It was my birthday, started out like every other day. I had meetings in the morning and Paul had to work the burner shift (full day). My older boys were at scout camp and EFY, my fun lunch plans fell through last minute and we rescheduled. I know I was turning "39" again and didn't need to celebrate, but life is short and I wanted to make it a great day, I was starting to feel a little old (I don't normally feel that way). So I made some quick lunch plans with a friend and our children (they were excited), it was nice. Then Trevor and the girls wanted to take me to Boondocks or Cawabunga Bay to celebrate. Fun ideas, so cute, but I had something a little more grown up in mind. We've enjoyed the summer doing stuff like that so I didn't feel too bad about having a mom day. I appreciated the many b-day wishes on facebook and emails (even one from my new boss who took note of the date from my paperwork), and my sons b-day wishes via text, cool for remembering. The thoughtful gifts from a few friends & neighbors were so sweet- chocolate, jewelry, fresh garden veggies, stationary... Just what a girl wants!

Well, that afternoon I arranged a sitter and treated myself to a small shopping spree for my new job, professional clothes! Sounded fun and something I needed. Paul called to see how my day was going so I told him what I was up to. He never gets mad at stuff like that and knows that I won't go crazy and overspend, at least try not to :). I must be a picky shopper or it's been so long I forgot how to shop because I only found two pair of dress pants. I was almost ready to leave and was trying on my last pair when Paul called again. He told me he wants me to try these. What? I walked out of the dressing room and he was standing there holding some nice looking shirts. No way! It was slow at work so he was able to sneak away and go shopping with me, he had his phone nearby in case it got busy, but they didn't call. He's awesome and is always finding ways to pamper me. We spent the next hour or two as he picked out the cutest stuff, perfect for work! The nice shoppers around us kept commenting on the great stuff he's picking out (wishing they had their own "hot" personal clothing designer to take shopping, lol) I ended up with about 4-5 great outfits, it was the sweetest thing! He would've kept going, but it was good.

Thanks for surprising me and making that day so special hon, you're the best. It's not about the clothes, but the thoughtfulness, I'll never forget it! You're the bomb!

Collages

He treated me to a luscious, romantic dinner at "The Roof'" later that week-end, sporting one of my new blouses :). Loved the song dedication. Love my babe!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How special! Happy Birthday (late) to you! You look great in that color!

Kelli said...

hes a keeper, as if you didnt already know that. I bet it was a nice change to just shop the two of you. Happy Birthday to you. You look wonderful, are you sure your 39? you look 35 at the oldest. :)

Sheila said...

Awww. He is a keeper...Happy birthday...glad it turned out great!

Donna said...

That is incredibly sweet! And that slice of cake looked wonderful! Happy belated birthday from a fellow Virgo!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!