Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nick- my senior

DSC00348

It’s been so fun having a senior. I’ve enjoyed watching Nick grow and mature, some days more noticeable then others, he’s still a teenager :). I haven’t blogged a lot about my oldest (but his baby books are full of good stuff), he barely lets me take his picture let alone blog about him, but I can’t resist. There are exciting things happening in his life and we’re all happy for him. Here’s a glimpse of his last couple of months…

He received his Eagle!, lettered in swimming, got asked to Sweethearts Ball, turned 18, got his first speeding ticket, called to assist the bishop in his church calling in his quorum, got accepted to college of choice- BYU-I :), and got a job today. (He’s been casually looking since swim season ended about a month ago, pickings are slim these days, so he was happy about this one. He starts tomorrow at a delicious Chicago style Pizzaria.)

Reality hits me thinking he’ll be off to college in less then six months, then serves a mission for a couple of years then back to school to finish up, that’s the plan anyway… how did it happen so fast? He’ll be missed!

DSC00369

DSC00372

DSC00376 Love this kid!DSC00377

Many of his friends came to support his Eagle Court of Honor. I was too busy visiting and serving cake and didn’t get their pictures, so I made the family stick around for pics. Nick has had some great scout leaders and mentors along the way, big thanks to them! It was great seeing his brothers and friends do the flag ceremony.

Paul put together this video for Nick showing his path and accomplishments in scouting and in life up until now. For Nick’s first big service project he got together a group and made blankets & dolls to hand deliver to the girls orphanage. Everyone was happy to help out and be a part of it, and they were thrilled to receive them in China! Notice some new China pics in the video. Then, for his official Eagle project he and his buddies collected almost 300 children’s books for a local Elementary & Jr. High School, delivered them, helped organize and shelf them. Very appropriate to help with literacy since Nick loves a good book. His merit badges include sports, dog training, rifle shooting, biking, service projects, citizenship… along with many camps and Klondike camps in the snow. Scouting is great for boys and I’m thankful for his dedicated leaders! The video is long, 10 min, so if you have the time sit back and enjoy. We’re so happy to see him make great choices in his life. Keep it up Nick, love ya tons!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi,
I'm hoping you can help a desperate teacher. I teach in rural ME and my middle schoolers are putting on Way Out West In A Dress in two weeks. I have been searching for a DVD of a performance so that I can help my kids figure out dance routines. I saw where your son was in the play and am hoping maybe you have a DVD available and that perhaps you could send me a copy. My email is lbonsey@downeast.net. I would pay for shipping, the price of the DVD, etc. If you could help me out, I would really appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Lynn Bonsey

Dianne said...

Lynn, that's great, it's a fun play! I didn't tape it, but I know someone did. Josh is checking on getting a copy, I'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Nick! I'm so proud of you for getting into BYU-I and wanting to meet your goals! I can't believe you're so OLD! lol, 18, it's crazy!

Keep up the good work!