Friday, July 20, 2007

Keeping my ducks (and geese) in a row...







Sophie, Sage, and Trev had a great time feeding the ducks and geese. It was nice to get out today- poor Sophie has been sick, and this evening Sage got it- vomiting with fever. After all, they share everything:) It's just a 24 hour deal, thank goodness. I'm so glad I'm able to comfort and help them, I hate to think about them being sick without comforts of home and mom to care for them. They are definately tough girls.

Lately, I've been trying to make sure all my ducks are in a row, making sure all is well with my family. Things can get pretty crazy at times. Just like the mother duck we saw today, watching over her ducklings, giving them enough freedom but staying close by. Scaring away everything that tries to come too close that can harm her babies. Supporting and encouraging each of them along with the healthy sacrifices involved in belonging to a rather large family. I know my ducks aren't always in a row, but there is a great sense of satisfaction and fulfillment when I stay on top of things and do my best as a mother and wife and all is well in the home. There are no better rewards for a mother then happy, healthy, secure, and loving children. Of course, it's a work in progress, but my family give me so much joy!

We had our 12 mth post placement appointment yesterday, time has flown! It's nice to have that over with and everything complete. We've enjoyed working with Anne, she was wonderful. The girls really liked her and she was very impressed with Sophie and Sage. She noticed how happy and smart and beautiful they are. Sophie and Sage enjoyed teasing her- they said they were 5 years old when she asked and the color Red was Blue (big grins on face) What turkeys, they are so much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already! Time really has flown!
I'm glad everything has been working out for you guys with them.