Friday, December 21, 2007

All I Want for Christmas...




Stephen Curtis Chapman speaks it best for the waiting children in his song "All I Really Want"...
"All I really want for Christmas is someone to tuck me in. A shoulder to cry on if I lose, shoulders to ride on if I win. There's so much I could ask for , but there is just one thing I need. All I really want for Christmas is a family. All I really want for Christmas is someone who'll be here to sing me Happy Birthday for the next 100 years. Its okay if they're not perfect, or even if they're a little broken. That's alright, 'cause so am I."

Our hearts go out to all the waiting families, but especially to the waiting children in orphanages & foster homes. They are often in our prayers. We know how tough the wait can be. May next Christmas your hearts & homes be filled with smiles & giggles from your child
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The song playing on your blog makes me cry every single time I hear it as we are nearing our 3rd Christmas while waiting for our second daughter from China to come home! I LOVE Third Day...even when they make me cry. :)

Your family picture is absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful family.

Merry Christmas!
Lisa

Dianne said...

Thanks for sharing Lisa. So sorry to hear about your loong wait. It will happen, hopefully soon! We'll keep praying for you and others, for those sweet babies to come home.
Dianne

insanemommy said...

D, You are a constant reminder of what Christmas is all about. It's not the presents. It's about love and most importantly family. My heart breaks for those families still waiting for their children. But it aches even more with each passing day that children are left in the orphanages without a mommy or daddy. You are the real spirit of Christmas. Your family is lucky, no they are blessed to have someone as pure and warm hearted as you to be their mom and wife and to be so g-d loving. You have a way of about you that is so pure. So real.

Love to you and your gorgeous family.

Rony