Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tribute to Pres. Hinckley


"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be "How well have my children done?"
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Pictures taken last Sunday







Today was a melancholy day. I rarely feel this way, but today was different. I wasn't sure if it was saying good-bye to Paul as he left on a business trip in a snowstorm, it didn't help that he told me he didn't feel good about this trip, I'm not usually a worrier, he left me such a sweet note, or some other big changes occurring in my life, you'll see :)... Then I heard the news- our loving, funny, amazing prophet passed away this evening. Gordon B. Hinckley, our faithful tireless President of the church for the past 12 years. I remember well the day he became our prophet, and a short time later when I found out for myself that he was a true prophet. He spent his entire life serving God. He lived to be 97 and led such a wonderful and full life. I have learned so much from him. He will be greatly missed! I also feel joy that he left while living such an exemplary life! I can't help but smile to think of his reunion with his sweet wife, Marjorie and our Savior & Heavenly Father. He was a great prophet and I'm sure another great prophet will continue to lead the church. The gospel truly brings great joy to my life!


"The gospel is a thing of joy. It provides us with a reason for gladness. Of course there are times of sorrow. Of course there are hours of concern and anxiety. We all worry. but the Lord has told us to lift our hearts and rejoice."
~Grodon B. Hinckley


He has taught us to be a little better, to stand a little taller, and to do what is right. President Hinckley- we love you and we"ll miss you! We will celebrate your incredible life.
Thank you Sage for the biggest hug ever when I got home tonight while you fell asleep in my arms. Just what I needed:) Sophie was asleep already

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful post. President Hinkley was an amazing man and definately well loved. I am sad to see him go, but I am sure he is happy to be with his wife again and his Father in Heaven.

Poelmans said...

Thanks for the post, love you guys!

insanemommy said...

I am sorry for your loss....

Are you "expecting" some exciting news??? You look radiant!

Unknown said...

Tanks for that great tribute! I really love that quote about how your children turn out! Love the pictures of all of you!
-Leslie