Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thankful Thursday

May have been a rough couple of weeks, but there are always things to be thankful for...

First, a quick update on Paul- we got the results back from his MRI on his knee it's not pretty... He has tears in all four ligaments, ACL torn totally out, along with meniscal damage and tears. He'll probably need reconstructive surgery, and the waiting has been a killer. He finally got in and has an appointment to see the Dr. Thursday morning, yahoo! I'll update the results. Now, for the thankful part- to look on the bright side, he is able to drive & work, and do many things, just at a slower pace. The swelling and pain are getting better, unless his knee gets bumped, but he's hanging in there and doing well, considering everything. You're a trooper hon!

I'm thankful to be feeling better! I don't need that nasty cough syrup with codeine anymore. It did good to stop the cough so I could sleep at night, but knocked me out, I even slept through my alarm a couple of times, sorry boys :). I'm grateful to be back on top of things again, although my house suffered...

I'm so grateful for my boys that filled in and helped out when needed. Also, for all the offers to help from thoughtful neighbors and friends. Although it takes a lot for me to receive it, I appreciate the care and concern! Please continue to keep Paul in your prayers as he heals and approaches surgery, possibly. And, of course, I'll call someone if we really need anything, a few friends made me promise. And for the well wishes and prayers we've received here, from our blogging friends. It means a lot and has helped!

I'm thankful for summer right around the corner! The boys had a good year of school and did well, we celebrated with a fun dinner at the Myan. I'm gearing up for the summer, might be more low key then normal, but it will be nice.

Last, I'm thankful for Sophie and Sage. I'm glad I was able to plan a fun B-day party, just what they needed. Their favorite part was when we sang Happy Birthday to them, their smiles said it all! They have some cute, fun friends, and they all had a good time together. Thanks for adding pink to my life Sophie & Sage! You are truly loved! Here's some b-day pics I took in the yard a couple of weeks ago, wearing some dresses I bought in China...






4 comments:

Kelli said...

You have to enter that first picture in a contest of some kind. The girls feet are in the same place, you could never have planned that. I cant even get my two little ones to both look at the camera at the same time. I hope you blow that picture up. I think I will just sit here and admire it for a few more minutes.

Anonymous said...

That pic. really is timed just perfect. It soo adorable!! You and the rest of the family are always in my prayers. I hope you heal fast Paul.
Love you all

Anonymous said...

These photo's are amazing!!!!! You are so talented!!!Seriously TALENTED~ That but also, the your girls are just too precious. Looking at them together has me wanting another!!!

Have a blessed weekend!!!!

Krista

taylorchloejake said...

They're so beautiful! I love the first picture of them running