Saturday, May 15, 2010

One Lucky Mom!

DSC_2343DSC_2347 Keepsake card from Sophie, her nice primary teachers took the picture!DSC_2364 DSC_2380

 

Love the necklace Trevor gave me, it looks very familiar.  Trevor took over my jewelry business now that I’m working elsewhere :).  He’s quite the salesman and entrepreneur, he’s sold to half his class at school (during recess) & his neighbor friends for Mothers Day.  He’s saving up for his 5th grade Washington DC trip this summer.

DSC_2385 The earrings may be big and hideous, but I wore them proudly- thanks Trevor!

It was a delightful Mothers Day.  At first I had to force myself to make it great…  After a busy week I woke up with a headache (don’t get those often), and still had a lot to do before church- updating our Primary for our new presidency and helping Sage finalize the talk she was giving (Trevor gave one too), then finishing up on Grandma’s gifts.  It didn’t take long before it really was a great day, seeing all the cute things my kids were doing for me, how could it not be?  It started last night while tucking the girls in Sophie excitedly asked- “are you excited?”  “Of course”.  They get more excited to pamper mom then getting pampered themselves.  They got up early and with Dad overseeing, made my favorite multi-grain pancakes with Blue Agave.  They did a quick but thorough clean up so I can enjoy a clutter free beautiful breakfast.  We got everything done, then off to church.  The highlight was the Primary kids singing, it was darling.  Sophie and Sage actually sang this time, and this is Trevor’s last time before he moves on to Young Men’s.  So cute how they all look at me with their big smiles while singing, singing just to mom :).   Trevor and Sage gave talks in primary, brought tears to my eyes.   They did great!

DSC_2406DSC_2413 

The only thing that would make this day better would be adding more hours t0 the day, especially if you don’t get out of church until 4pm, sorry moms.  It was nice seeing everyone and wishing our Moms a Happy Mothers Day.  My mom loved her new designer bag & scarf, and cute personalized mug from the kids.  Mom B. liked her mug and flowers, and we brought over a yummy peach homemade pie w/ vanilla bean ice-cream to enjoy with them.  Fun times, the kids sure love their Grandma’s and Uncle Mike!   

I’m thankful for my teenage boys also today- jumping up to help out with whatever they saw was needed, taking over so I can relax (what’s that? relax?), and opening the door for me, etc.  The thoughtful little things mean so much, especially from big teenage boys. 

Here’s a part of Trevor’s talk, hope it’s always deserved!

His talk was on gratitude…  One thing I am grateful for is mothers.  That is a good topic today because today is Mother’s Day.  Mothers do and give us many things.  We would not even be here if it weren’t for our mothers.  Mothers teach us, care for us, play with us and most of all love us.  In my opinion, my mother is one of the great ones.  She is a very talented and patient woman, you can tell because she has 5 kids, a job as a designer, takes care of our new dog, helps us with our homework, cooks our meals, and still makes time to play with us.  That is why I think she’s the best.   

 Then he went on and talked about Heavenly Father and Jesus, I’d like to add it because he shared his testimony….   My second example is Heavenly Father and Jesus.  It was Heavenly Father’s plan that allowed us to come to earth, get our bodies, learn and grow, and return to Him.  Jesus, our older brother, is the one who made it possible for us to be resurrected and able to return to our Heavenly Father.  The gospel teaches us all we need to know to make this happen.  He gave us prophets, scriptures, and teachers to help us learn as we grow.  I am grateful to Heavenly Father and Jesus because all that we have comes from them.   

OK, give me a tissue.  It made my day, all of it did.  I was definitely counting my blessings, all six of them.  Hope all the mothers & women had a wonderful Mother’s Day surrounded by loved ones. 

1 comment:

M3 said...

Aw, Happy Mother's Day -- your kiddos did an awesome job.