Saturday, December 11, 2010

A favorite Christmas Tradition

DSC01672

DSC01667 DSC01665 DSC01674

A night I look forward to each year. It was warmer then usual, we enjoyed the Trax train ride down (ya, we could’ve cut our travel time and cost in half by driving, but the kids thought it was cool), the fabulous lights & Nativity, watching Luke II, the reflection pond in front of the Temple, then with hungry tummy’s- filling up at a tasty restaurant before hopping on Trax for the ride home. A few friendly people stopped us to chat, intrigued with our girls. The only downside of the night was, after dinner I couldn't find my phone anywhere, it must've slipped out of my pocket, dang! so we backtracked but most places were closed. Kids didn’t get home until 11:30 on a school night, they didn't seem to mind and slept on the ride home. It was a beautiful night, enjoying the city and great spirit of Temple Square, wish Nick could’ve been ith us. Miss that kid! I didn’t want to lug around my nice camera, so pictures are from my purse camera, they don’t do justice to the beauty of the night, but at least I didn't lose it :). Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season!

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Hi Diane!

Your family is beautiful! I am glad that i stopped by today..I had a waiting child child question for you if you have a chance to drop me an email :)

Thanks,
Sara
sara.pinkmaryjanes@gmail.com

Jill Sorhus said...

Makes me miss Salt Lake! Beautiful! I love your son's curly hair by the way! Merry Christmas!