I live for this time of year, seeing the kids splash in the pool, backyard BBQ’s, bike rides, summer novels, smoothies & fresh strawberries from the garden. It goes by quickly so I try not to plan too much, but enjoy with quality, fun days…
Before school was out I made a list of some favorite summertime activities. I was starting to feel anxious, thinking about juggling work & home throughout the summer, wanting to be there for my kids without neglecting my job/clients. So far it has been a nice balance. We’ve had the summer slow time at work, but just enough to enjoy some professional time mixed in with mommy time, I think the kids like it too.
So, if we ever get bored, here's my list of summer activities...
- Good books / Summer reading for the kids I'm reading "The Last Lecture"- it's a quick read yet inspiring; the girls book of choice is "The Chronicles of Narnia" so much for picture books anymore, I read a chapter a night, they love it, they still read picture books on their own.
- Arts & Crafts for the girls
- Walk & play w/ Bruno
- Miniature golf
- Picnics / BBQ’s
- Gymnastics class for the girls
- Karate for the boys
- Drive up the canyons
- Play dates, a lot of these!
- Service projects, already done a few of these :)
- Scouts- boys
- Saxon Math- younger kids
- Photo shoots
- Puppy School
- Thanksgiving Point
- Classic Skating
- Discovery Gateway Children's Museum
- Liberty Park
- Tracy Aviary
Summer, please stay for awhile.