Monday, July 31, 2006

Leaving the Day after tomorrow

Leaving on a jet plane! Yahoooooo!!
Getting closer and closer to our Sophie and Sage.
Everything is arranged at home. Everyone is so wonderful and willing to help, it is very comforting to know all will go well while we're gone.
I'll miss the children in the primary, and the wonderful people I work with.
Three weeks seems like such a long time to be away, but I'm sure it will go by fast. Keep us in your prayers, especially the girls.

Our boys are just as thrilled as we are and have been packed for days. This is a great opportunity for them. I'm so glad my parents and boys get to share this trip with us (wish we could take Pauls mom and Uncle Mike).

Grandmas homemade quilts

My mom just finished these handmade quilts for the girls room. Wow! They are beautiful and look great in their room. Such vibrant colors and fun patterns, I'm sure Sophie and Sage will love them! Mom, I know all the time and care put into these quilts, time you didn't really have. These were made with love and they look great, we sure appreciate all you do! Ellie, thanks for your help on the ruffles and pillow shams, you're such a good seamstress, they are beautiful!
I sat in this room the other night for about 1/2 hour, dreaming and contemplating of it soon being filled with two precious sisters, our daughters. I still have to pinch myself, just can't wait!! I am so grateful and feel so blessed!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

How cute!!! If Sophie and Sage are anything like our Brinley they will LOVE these beautiful quilts! Brinley loves fish and will still call them "yuh" (Chinese for fish) when she sees one even though she knows the English word is 'fish'.
Can't wait to follow your journey to your beautiful girls! Safe travels.....lots of prayers for all of you!
Sharon

Thressa said...

Dianna,
we were all thinking of you last night at enrichment night. So I just had to say I'm so looking forward to seeing your two beautiful girls. All my prayers and all my best wishes are with you and your dear family. Three weeks is not so long. See you soon.