Thursday, July 06, 2006

Waiting for Sophie & Sage



I can't complain, everything went incredibly smooth and fast in the beginning, and we know this is meant to be. We now have the chance to strengthen our patience :)...

Our homestudy went great and we hustled to get the mounds of paperwork complete, signed, certified, authenticated, and sent off to the CCAA. Making sure to cross our T's and dot our I's, everything was perfect. We used a courier to speed up the process. A group of families right before us got their TA in record time, 1 month after LID (Log in Date, our's was on 3-22). That was awesome, although I tried not to get my hopes up (average time is 2 months). Encouraged by my husband, I quit my job a little early to get everything ready (teaching 3rd grade- part time, they found a good sub to finish up the last month, although it was hard to say good-bye to my students).
To make a long story short, we expected to travel in June, possibly even May, and we are still here, waiting word of our TA. Our dossier got misplaced in China (MIA):(, it was found but still had to go through review. Last week we were told that our TA is in the printing room :). Yahoo!!

I have to admit, this part has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. We have stayed positive and optimistic that all will go well and we will get our TA soon to get these girls home. They most likely know they have a family from the packages I sent them with photo albums, and are waiting for us to come get them. It is hard to see them get older, but I know it's in the Lord's hands and it shouldn't be much longer. I pray daily that they are being loved and cared for in the orphanage, and I know that they are being watched over.
They will be very blessed to have 3 wonderful brothers, loving grandma's and grandpa's, aunts, uncles and cousins, great neighbors and friends, and especially a mom and dad who miss them and love them already!



Nick, Josh, and Trevor
Waiting for sisters...

They'll be such great big brothers!!




Thanks boys for teaching me the in's and out's of blogging. I still have a lot to learn, but this is a good start.

No comments: