Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Note To My Husband~ Best Friend


I know you were hesitant at first, thinking our family was complete. I knew it wasn't. I didn't want to push you, but I encouraged the adoption idea and gave you time, hoping you would feel just as good about it as I. And you did! When that time came, we didn't waste anytime and everything happened so fast. You have been solid ever since, wanting them home as bad as I do. I can't thank you enough for taking this journey and stepping out in faith to see what Heavenly Father has for us. Thank you for opening your heart and our home and letting our family grow. It should be just a few more days to find out when we will be traveling to China. You have been so patient. I know you will be a wonderful father to these girls, like you are to our boys, and I can't wait to see you hold them in your arms for the first time. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and being my best friend, and for the wonderful father and husband you are. I love you so much! Forever, Di

1 comment:

Grandma B said...

This sweet note to your husband illustrates just one of the reasons I love you, Dianne. Because I have seen his love and support for you and the boys and twins is just one of the reasons I think he is wonderful, too.

I feel almost silly writing this, my age, I guess. I have told you many times how I feel about these beautiful toddlers joining our family group, but I can see how it will be more important to have it in print. Only you and your immediate family could be more excited this to happen. I can hardly wait to witness their sealing to you. Then it will be sure forever.

The girls' room is so feminine and sweet; they will love it, I am sure.

I have been impressed at the love the boys already have for their sisters. This is an unconditional love, having not ever seen them (except in year old pictures) and to refer to them as "my sisters". The only problem I can see with thir coming into this family is they may be loved too much, if that is possible.

My prayers will continue to be with you until I can see them and love them in person; and then I will continue to pray for all of you as I do every day anyway.

Make that trip to China a wonderful trip. I know with your attitudes, even though it is bound to be a hard trip, you will enjoy it, at least looking back on it when it is over.

I love you all. Mom